Monday, September 7, 2015

Post Atomic Horror 238

WHY AM I WATCHING VOYAGER?

I'm going to be asking that a lot over the next few years, aren't I?

"Want to see my Eiffel Tower?" "Tom, I'm programmed to have sex with you, and I think that line is terrible."
The last episode I was on had a creeper rapist on the cover too. 


So, here's a little bit about the secret origins of this blog. The catchphrase "Why am I watching" is actually stolen from my brother. When he first got on Twitter, he only used it to live tweet his watching the aggressively mediocre 90's sitcom Wings, with the hashtag #whyamiwatchingwings. I immediately stole that for my watching of the series Star Trek: Enterprise, the show most notable for almost killing the (at the time) 40 year old franchise. #whyamiwatchingenterprise. The thing of it is, by the end of the series. I was actually enjoying the show. And so it was, with cautious optimism, I went about filling in the final gaps in my Star Trek knowledge. #whyamiwatchingvoyager

And can we move that plant between Paris and Kim?
Janeway, Tuvok, and the Doctor, you can stay. The rest of you, into the airlock


Guys, Voyager is not a good show. I watched the whole thing and it never gets any better. And now, going back to it two years later, it's flaws are even more obvious. I see the room for improvement that every first season has, and I know that nothing will get better. At all. Ever. Except when Kes explodes. That was nice. But she got better. Or maybe she didn't. Time travel, you see. If none of this makes any sense, DON'T WORRY! The writers of the show don't care, so why should the audience? What I'm getting at is, I hate this show.

Or didn't wake up at all.
How many women do you think took a sip from their drink, then woke up to see this?

Which brings this rambling blog entry to The Post Atomic Horror. AAl and Matt have reviewed all the good Star Treks, and now it's time to start scraping the bottom of the barrel that fell on Worf. In this episode, we reviewed The Phage, a pretty boring adventure, and The Cloud... I'm sorry that's The Cloud, an episode that's boring for completely different reasons! Just search for Post Atomic Horror on iTunes, or your preferred podcast app. Or you could click the link riiiiiiiiiiiiight.....here

No comments:

Post a Comment